Many schools refuse to come to South Bend in November,
by 1NDGal (2018-04-17 15:40:05)

In reply to: 4 of our last 5 games are away from home.  posted by HolyCrossHog

don't they? USC chief among them.

I am no fan of barnstorming, to be clear, nor of the novelty games in Yankee Stadium and whatnot.

Such are the woes
by IrishRed  (2018-04-17 16:33:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of a mid-major program (or being lead like one).
It's like handing the keys of a sports car over to someone that has never driven one and is too stubborn to learn or be taught how.

C'mon, we've got more leverage than that
by ndzippy  (2018-04-17 16:06:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Promise some home & home deals if you have to, but getting teams to South Bend in November shouldn't be a show-stopper. Hell, we had Syracuse slated to come to town before we decided to lean into yet another shit-storming event in NYC.

We've played the following teams at home in November during the past 10 years:

- Syracuse
- Navy
- UConn
- Utah
- Army
- Maryland
- Boston College
- Pitt
- Wake Forest
- BYU
- Northwestern
- Louisville
- Virginia Tech

That list isn't loaded with blue-chip programs, but it's decent enough to cobble together a good November schedule every year.

Maryland wasn't in South Bend. *
by Slotts  (2018-04-18 08:58:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My bad. My point stands, however. *
by ndzippy  (2018-04-18 10:47:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post