He could be the second coming of George Seifert for
by cj (2018-04-18 12:05:20)
Edited on 2018-04-18 12:14:12

In reply to: So he obviously sucks.  posted by tusk

all I know. He was with Elko for 2 years and has bounced around a bunch. There's nothing in his resume' that shouts ND DC. He's never done it. He's a wild card.

We finished last season giving up 37, 41, 17, 38, 17 and were a "miracle" play away from 9-4. I don't like the trend.

On the heels of a season billed as the greatest coaching job known to saucy's mankind... and after going 4-8...

"After every season, Kelly and athletic director Jack Swarbrick sit down to evaluate the program.....This year’s meeting took place at Swarbrick’s house and lasted eight-and-half hours." "Chad Klunder, the program’s associate athletic director for football operations, joined Swarbrick and Kelly for the final two-and-a-half hours of their marathon postseason meeting. He jotted down on paper..."

The facts are that kelly and swarbrick have made every hire, tons of mistakes and continue to get "do over" after "do over" while raking in millions to do so. Neither has a spine, both or consumed by egos that don't match their performance. 8 hours fixed... what a f'ing joke.

Lea and others serve at the mercy of kelly. He has his hands in everything.

Our OC and DC have a combined 2 years experience in their roles. We are not serious about National Championships. It's all puff....

There is something to be said for your argument
by Tony Almeida  (2018-04-18 15:54:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is also a lot to be said for tusk's. No one has a magic ball. Lets wait and see before we make grand pronouncements. What we should not be doing is projecting Kelly's failures to a new DC that may very well be a pleasant surprise.

Where did I project failure for Lea? How about, let's
by cj  (2018-04-18 16:15:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not pump sunshine for a guy with zero experience at his position? I don't care if he is a good guy. I don't care of he eats nails. I don't care if he gets along with players. (That actually may be a problem). I don't care that he spent 2 years with Elko who couldn't jump ship from ND fast enough. I don't care about some wishy washy explanation that this represents some sort of disjointed continuity with Elko's work... which by the way was in a year end tailspin...

We have a DC with zero experience... did he spend years with Parcells? Coughlin? Belichick? (Factoid: all three were with the 90?
Giants) Or other expert in the field... No, no, no....

ND should not be a destination where "interns" receive full position coach jobs...

OC Long 1 year Memphis
DC Lea none
Rees QB coach?
polian barf.....

Yes
by Tony Almeida  (2018-04-18 16:31:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you have made your position clear. Others have disagreed. We will know who is correct in rather short order.

Not to mention an offensive line coach with zero
by Camarillo Brillo  (2018-04-18 15:43:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

experience coaching that position.

"I don’t think that I cared,” Kelly said of the public
by cj  (2018-04-18 21:16:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

reaction to Quinn’s hiring on Wednesday.... “I use the analogy from Christmas. You want that new gift. You want to open up something you didn’t know you were going to get. And the things that you do need, like socks, you don’t get too excited about socks.

“I’m not trying to equate Jeff Quinn to socks, but that’s how he was perceived,” Kelly continued, in an exclusive interview with the Tribune and WSBT Weekday Sportsbeat. “They wanted something different, because they didn’t know what they wanted. I knew what I needed for this football program.”

He should do stand up....in the Poconos....

https://www.ndinsider.com/football/why-notre-dame-offensive-line-coach-jeff-quinn-was-the/article_7c81c688-0c67-11e8-974e-93cfa54aee65.html

Huh?
by tusk  (2018-04-18 16:45:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Quinn's spent much of his career coaching offensive line. You may not be impressed with his performance as an o-line coach (an opinion others share), or you may think there were better coaches available, but flat out factual misstatements don't advance rational discussion.