There is something to be said for your argument
by Tony Almeida (2018-04-18 15:54:05)

In reply to: He could be the second coming of George Seifert for  posted by cj

There is also a lot to be said for tusk's. No one has a magic ball. Lets wait and see before we make grand pronouncements. What we should not be doing is projecting Kelly's failures to a new DC that may very well be a pleasant surprise.

Where did I project failure for Lea? How about, let's
by cj  (2018-04-18 16:15:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not pump sunshine for a guy with zero experience at his position? I don't care if he is a good guy. I don't care of he eats nails. I don't care if he gets along with players. (That actually may be a problem). I don't care that he spent 2 years with Elko who couldn't jump ship from ND fast enough. I don't care about some wishy washy explanation that this represents some sort of disjointed continuity with Elko's work... which by the way was in a year end tailspin...

We have a DC with zero experience... did he spend years with Parcells? Coughlin? Belichick? (Factoid: all three were with the 90?
Giants) Or other expert in the field... No, no, no....

ND should not be a destination where "interns" receive full position coach jobs...

OC Long 1 year Memphis
DC Lea none
Rees QB coach?
polian barf.....

Yes
by Tony Almeida  (2018-04-18 16:31:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you have made your position clear. Others have disagreed. We will know who is correct in rather short order.