Your last sentence is a hoot. " He could be the second
by cj (2018-04-18 16:58:13)

In reply to: Same system, same terminology, same techniques.  posted by tusk

coming of George Seifert for all I know."

"There's nothing in his resume' that shouts ND DC. He's never done it. He's a wild card."

Please tell me where I am off base...

come on, you have to spend the entire spring teaching the DL
by jt  (2018-04-18 17:10:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

where to line up! First, they have to listen for the strength call (that's at least a week of install right there). Then, 2 interior players might have to switch sides (that right there might take the entire summer), and then at least one of them might have to get contain.

All of this stuff is rocket science. I haven't even started on teaching the db's how to run coverages like 1, 2, 3, and 4. That shit is mesmerizing.

I am still reeling from kelly’s last spring remarks on who
by cj  (2018-04-18 17:36:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the players need to hand the ball to after the whistle when we are in hurry up. It’s this kind of attention to detail that separates poopsie from all other HCs. Next he will be telling the secondary the importance of not allowing a guy on the other team to get behind them. In fairness, It did take Lou about 10 minutes to establish an identity.
PS Devine’s ‘77 defensive team had a very angry disposition.... they stone cold wanted to tear you apart....