If he can’t kickoff I’m not sure how hes expected to kick
by JBrock18 (2018-10-15 23:29:58)
Edited on 2018-10-15 23:34:52

In reply to: Yoon has had injury issues related to overuse  posted by NavyJoe

long field goals. If he’s injured then he should be treated accordingly and not play. He’s the kicker and seems fine on field goal tries. If he can kickoff better than the alternative he should. I am not sure. Has he been listed on injury reports this season?

Kickoffs are a more dynamic motion apparently
by NavyJoe  (2018-10-15 23:38:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One the posters on here has a son who kicks for a college team. He broke it down in the romper room a few weeks back. Cannot recall his handle.

Perhaps
by JBrock18  (2018-10-15 23:41:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t want an injured place kicker kicking field goals though with what is on the line down the stretch now.

Then you don’t want Yoon kicking off.
by MDDomer  (2018-10-16 09:20:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s far more valuable kicking field goals and extra points. All you have to do is watch the video of him kicking off on Saturday to see why he isn’t doing it more often.

He doesnt kick off becuase he could get hurt kicking off?
by JBrock18  (2018-10-16 12:37:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or does he not kick off because he already is hurt? Those are two entirely different things. If you or Kelly or anyone else says it’s the former I call complete BS.

He was hurt in the past because he did both.
by cujays96  (2018-10-16 13:12:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s why he’s not doing both now.

And the problem is not the kicker other than kicks going out of bounds. Kick coverage is the issue.

As explained directional kicking ia part of that
by JBrock18  (2018-10-16 14:19:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both deficiencies can be true. As a former player who played collegiately and covered kickoffs for 3 seasons I can tell you that the kicker placing the ball where it is planned in the sideline or field huddle is just as important as staying in lanes and defeating blocks. In fact lane assignment is based on it. Kelly saying the kickers aren’t kicking the ball where they are supposed to is entirely different than bitching that they aren’t consistently kicking touchbacks. Get it?

You’ve changed the conversation. *
by cujays96  (2018-10-16 19:43:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post