Positive: he hit a deep ball. Negative: pocket presence was
by frosh (2018-10-16 21:52:26)

In reply to: book did not have a bad game - he had a bad half  posted by ocdomer78

worse.

But it was much better in the 2nd half. *
by ndroman21  (2018-10-17 08:18:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because there was no pocket *
by acrossdmiddle  (2018-10-16 22:06:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Generally not true
by oneill3b  (2018-10-16 22:35:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Go watch the sack that killed the first drive. Two others were not as egregious but were similar.

Agree whole heartedly. He bailed after his first read
by Bagimus Maximus  (2018-10-17 22:25:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on quite a few drop backs. There were thows there to be had and time to make them. He did not show me the ability to anticipate and throw receivers open.

His first INT was a result. Bailed the pocket and did not anticipate the receiver coming open into space. He waited until he saw him open then made the throw...too late the corner made the read and the pick

He bailed early at times but his protection was awful
by acrossdmiddle  (2018-10-17 08:25:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Plus, I’m not sure he’s tall enough to throw effectively from a collapsing pocket, or big enough to absorb the punishment.

Avery Davis was lost in pass pro - so much so...
by irishdemon  (2018-10-16 23:30:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... I don’t think they can have him out there on passing plays anymore.

I’ll cut the kid some slack - he was playing quarterback not too long ago and now he’s being asked to locate and turn back corner and linebacker blitzes.

You would think the coaching staff would know that going in. I blame them.

Right, isnt that the excuse to keep Dexter out of game? *
by Voisman  (2018-10-16 23:59:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dexter had a few nice pickups in the first half
by elterrible  (2018-10-17 09:25:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he seems to be fine in pass protection this year.