They have problems with their secondary
by dwjm3 (2018-10-17 09:48:49)

In reply to: In a playoff game  posted by HTownND

Meyer can’t scheme those problems away with extra prep.

OSU secondary >>>>>> Pitt Secondary
by HTownND  (2018-10-17 10:59:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hell, look at the secondaries we've played against.

I know they have problems, but on the whole, their team matches up very well against ours. Very very well in fact.

Our issue against Pitt wasn't their secondary
by elterrible  (2018-10-17 11:01:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it was the O-line and Book's lack of recognition of what the Defense was doing.

Right
by HTownND  (2018-10-17 11:13:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And who do you think has a better DL and LB group, Pitt or OSU?

I was just responding to the prior post that suggested that OSU has secondary issues.

Yes, they do, but their defense is world's better than Pitt, as is their secondary, and I assure you, they would play us the same way Pitt did, with press coverage and daring us to beat them over the top, even without Bosa. Moreover, they are getting a bunch of previously injured players on D back this week (except Bosa, who is done and heading to the NFL).

Gotcha
by elterrible  (2018-10-17 11:18:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We agree re: OSU. We also haven't played a QB anywhere near Haskins' level this year.

Kelly can’t outscheme anyone let alone Meyer. *
by Irpa  (2018-10-17 10:15:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not what I said *
by dwjm3  (2018-10-17 10:16:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post