How should people respond
by HTownND (2018-10-17 13:07:56)

In reply to: We should just forfeit the rest of the season and move on to  posted by ndnjlaw

At this point?

You act as if it's irrational to have concerns about the team given the track record the past 8 and 20+ seasons.

It is certainly not irrational to have concerns.
by ndnjlaw  (2018-10-17 14:21:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have been as disappointed as anyone over the travails of the team during the Kelly years (including witnessing in person the Alabama debacle in 2012.) Am I concerned that it could happen again this year ... absolutely.

But this stuff is supposed to be fun, and 7-0 is fun, and I just don't get why a fan should go out of his or her way to belittle our accomplishments and detract from what the team has done so far.

I refuse to feel guilty about enjoying this season and this team.

7-0
by HTownND  (2018-10-17 16:34:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was fun when we regularly went 10-1 or 11-0 and were confident in that.

I'm not saying 7-0 sucks, and I'm not saying it isn't fun, but I'm just not as invested in a 7-0 start after the last 20 years.

For me, fun is national titles.

Maybe I'm like the guy who jumps off the Empire State Bldg.
by ndnjlaw  (2018-10-17 17:32:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As he passes by a 20th floor window someone asks how it's going and he replies so far so good. :)