You dwell in a cohort of one on this
by crazychester (2018-12-14 14:03:13)

In reply to: I have to think a solution could be found  posted by ACross

The old helmets were dull/cheap looking at best and befitting a poorly funded Pop Warner team at worst.

It was a nice story about the managers painting them from week to week but technology passed them by.

I think you miscast my position
by ACross  (2018-12-14 14:44:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't like the current helmet. I think the gold looks cheesy. Which is not to say that its immediate predecessor was the gold standard, so to speak.

And the trousers are really bad.

When you say old helmets
by HTownND  (2018-12-14 14:09:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are you talking about our helmets right before we changed to hydrographics, or are you going farther back?

We will differ if that is your take on these:

I much prefer those pantaloons *
by ACross  (2018-12-14 14:46:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Same *
by ColoNDFan  (2018-12-14 16:10:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree
by HTownND  (2018-12-14 15:17:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The yellow/mustard looking ones we currently wear don't look good, in person, or on TV.

What is actually somewhat comical about that, is the pant color is "retro" in the sense it's much closer to what we wore in the 60s and 70s than what we wore in the 80s and 90s.

They look like they were shat out of a bag *
by ACross  (2018-12-14 15:19:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bing! *
by Irish Tool  (2018-12-14 16:09:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also
by HTownND  (2018-12-14 14:15:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe I read somewhere, during the Jimbo Fisher era, they switched to how their helmets are prepared as well, and it's much more in line with how we do it, because they had the same problems.