247Sports: UCF's team to beat for Wimbush. Visiting now. *
by SB Jimbo (2019-01-12 10:14:03)

This user did not provide content for this post

What postgrad degrees does UCF offer that ND doesn’t? *
by golfjunkie17  (2019-01-12 15:41:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't they get rid of this dumb stipulation years ago? *
by pmac98  (2019-01-12 18:39:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought the dumb stipulation was the whole point.
by LastDon  (2019-01-13 03:45:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's not college free agency, you see, because the NCAA is about promoting amateur athletics.

The grad transfer rule is a way to free students from a system that would have forced them into a situation where their preferred academic paths were unavailable.

Anybody who thinks it is a way for programs to plug talent gaps and give student athletes a last shot at playing time is simply missing the point.

I think it is a way for students who succeeded at doing what
by ndmaqi  (2019-01-13 08:58:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they academically set out to do to have the option to go to grad school somewhere else, like any other student.

It's a huge university, I'm sure there are many *
by Bmoreirish  (2019-01-12 16:24:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A question specific to BW: he seems very focused ...
by Barney68  (2019-01-12 15:01:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on the academic side of things, the archetypal 40-year decision, from what I've read and appears to be a long shot, at best, for the NFL. Might that result in a surprise choice for a transfer school, one with a higher value master's degree rather than an emphasis on football?

Sounds like more fun than playing for PennSt. Is Milton
by jrdjr84  (2019-01-12 11:31:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

expected to miss all of next season?

as i understand it
by joeyg  (2019-01-12 13:53:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he is likely to be out most if not all of 2019 - currently at best he may be able to return late in the year (not sure what that would get him other than a potential bowl game).