how about after we stopped them on defense, forced the
by jt (2019-01-13 09:20:03)

In reply to: Games between good teams often pivot on key plays  posted by oneill3b

punt, and then had the ball with great field position and then fumbled on the first play?

Was that the replay refs fault as well? Did we get screwed on that one? That sequence certainly hurt our confidence.

We have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Yes, I'd argue we got screwed on that one as well
by LuckyMcD  (2019-01-13 16:28:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was surprised to see the replay show that Book fumbled, but in order to overturn the call there needs to be clear evidence of a recovery. After the fumble, you couldn't see the ball until the Clemson DL stood up with the ball sitting on the ground. There was a clear opportunity for a recovery, there was no clear recovery. Then later in the game Mack made the catch, made a football move (turning upfield with possession), and was ruled incomplete. None of the calls affected the outcome of the game, even cumulatively, but all three were egregiously incorrect and all three went against us.

You'd argue wrong. Clear fumble and recovery. *
by tdiddy07  (2019-01-14 14:29:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

good Lord
by jt  (2019-01-13 20:32:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

we completely fuck up and cannot execute the basics of the game and it's the refs fault (of course).

"Oh, but I said none of the calls affected the outcome of the game!"

Both can be true. *
by oneill3b  (2019-01-13 11:23:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I try to worry about things I can control
by jt  (2019-01-13 12:51:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that's a pretty consistent message that I've heard most successful coaches/leaders harp on a lot these past few years and I agree with it.

Truthfully, it's probably just a ripoff of what Holtz/Saban/Meyer would do.

How about when it was 9-3 late 2nd half...
by Irishdemon  (2019-01-13 11:14:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... when we were methodically driving into Clemson territory and your favorite 5-star couldn't hang on to a crucial catch to help extend a drive?

Although I think replay got that one wrong too - but jesus christmas, hang on to the damn football.

or the first drive of the game
by jt  (2019-01-13 12:52:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when we had the easy third down conversion and our wr just dropped the ball at the sticks.

Motherfucking replay refs screwed us on that one!

Don’t disagree. That was another crucial failure. *
by oneill3b  (2019-01-13 11:34:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post