If you start with the reality that ND carries well north of
by ACross (2019-01-16 15:19:56)

In reply to: In a perfect world, yes  posted by crazychester

85 players into the spring semester, this is the kind of chicanery that happens, and this is the perception , and the temptation, that Norte Dame has long had a policy in place to prevent.

I am reasonably sure, but allow that I may be wrong, that Kelly has Robbie Benson roster management discussions with players like this fellow. And surprise! We come in at 85 or under by spring practice.

This hinges on how well is too well north.
by Irish Tool  (2019-01-16 15:57:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We used to consistently end up under 85, which is also not ideal. It's a bit more art than science*, but in my opinion it's not necessarily a big deal if they have a couple Robbie Benson discussions each year instead of a couple openings each year, with the caveat that it's predominantly fifth years on the bubble.

*in the modern senses of the terms

The bottom line though is that you're making an assumption
by crazychester  (2019-01-16 15:33:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think for the most part ND made good on their commitment to Morgan (come play football here and we see that you get a degree).

Two of my guys could have graduated in 3.5 or even 3 years from ND. They were smart enough to know that had they done so, I wasn't footing the bill for them to hang out in SB for another year. I'm not sure that makes me GD Spradlin