i confess that i know less than the coaches
by ocdomer78 (2019-01-22 21:54:48)

In reply to: I'm going to guess that if we were to have a scheme  posted by jt

and also probably you. guilty as charged. do you not agree that most here want to pound the football and employ an offense that is largely inconsistent with what is currently in vogue in football? more consistent with the holtz years?

i am not criticizing your ideas. i am however skeptical of anyone who thinks they know more than our or other coaches.

if you had an ounce of sense to you
by jt  (2019-01-22 23:40:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you would have realized that I was saying what you are trying to say. The initial post was about having a glorified OL in the backfield as a lead blocker and my response is that I would rather have more athletes on the field.

And I recall the Holtz years (for the most part) having two threats (at least) to run the ball in the backfield at all times, and not a sledge hammer. Even Edwards was a threat to run, though granted not as much as other fullbacks in the past.

At the end, you don't really want to have a discussion about football, you just want to be a homer and try and chastise people on here. You'll note that when someone asked me if that style can fit into what Kelly does on offense, I replied in the affirmative, mainly because it's stuff that he's already done in the past.

So take your homer bullshit somewhere else.

i apologize that i completely missed your point
by ocdomer78  (2019-01-23 18:44:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

your additional points clarified it for me. thank you.

apology accepted
by jt  (2019-01-24 14:13:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

next time please feel free to ask for clarification if I am unclear (as I can be at times).