They could have hired him in 2008
by Jvan (2019-02-14 15:29:38)

In reply to: He seems to genuinely dislike Michigan  posted by Flann

Instead, they opted for Rich Rodriguez, a poor fit if there ever was one. The geniuses followed up by choosing the legendary Brady Hoke. Now, Kelly is 1-0 vs. The Savior.

Then there is that Urban Meyer guy who is haunting them.

Michigan Football: Legends in their own minds.

personality wise, I think Rodriquez was a fantastic fit
by jt  (2019-02-14 16:10:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in that, I think he is a piece of shit human being and Michigan is a piece of shit program.

No ND coach was as bad as RichRod was to Michigan
by domer4  (2019-02-14 22:18:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not Davie, not Weis, not even Willingham.

Lost to a 3-9 Toledo team at home. The two other teams Toledo beat that year was a 2-10 Miami of Ohio and a 3-9 EMU. Is any lost that WeisDavieWillingham ever had at ND that bad? I don't think so.

Ends a 30 plus year streak of bowl appearances.

Ends a 40 plus year streak of .500 or above records.

Puts them on probation.

Costs them millions to buy him out of the WVU contract and millions more to get out of the remainder of his Michigan contract.

All for 3 years of work.

You could argue that Weis cost ND more - but I would disagree. He got us to a BCS bowl game in 2005 that paid $12 million or so? Netting that against what we paid him - I think RichRod costs Michigan more dollar wise.

And we certain didn't have the expense of the NCAA investigation or defense that RichRod required either.

I wish that he were there still *
by jt  (2019-02-14 22:57:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post