seems dumb to specify the number of years you
by ocdomer78 (2019-03-05 14:39:25)

In reply to: Lot to chew on in this interview with Pete Thamel  posted by crazychester

want to stay. just the sort of thing other coaches like to use on the recruiting trail.

And just when recruiting is finally "humming along" *
by CJC  (2019-03-07 00:30:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah I'd agree, while pretty much everybody knows
by TWO  (2019-03-05 16:08:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the length of contracts of all these coaches, even Saban since he works for a State school where FIOA allows those interested to know the details of his contract.

I think it's better for these guys to be obtuse up until the end. As you say at some point coaches will use that against you on the recruiting trail and tell kids if you go there you won't play for the HC who recruited you.

It's why, at least in the past, you'd see assistants staying through NLOI signing day then leave programs (voluntarily or otherwise) after that so that kids wouldn't back out of signing because they weren't there to coach them.

Don't worry, in Year 3 they will announce Chuck Martin
by akaRonMexico  (2019-03-05 14:40:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as Coach in Waiting.

Honestly
by HTownND  (2019-03-07 12:22:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I know it's coming. I see that train rolling down the tracks.