Couple of points
by SixShutouts66 (2019-03-06 21:40:03)

In reply to: Cross topic: Kmet struck out 13 over 8 and 1/3  posted by athlete37

1. I don't believe he can leave until after his junior year by MLB draft rules (either you sign a contract or wait until you're 21).

2. My impression is that he's not as highly rated as Jeff Samardzija was. If I'm not mistaken he was part of Clemson's 17(?) run inning against us last year. Although being a lefty may help him.

Wasn't there a community college rule?
by domer4  (2019-03-11 15:30:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That you could enter the draft after one year of CC?

At least it seemed (from a couple kids in my high school that went to places in AZ and CA) that was the rule back in the 1980s.

I believe you are correct. Bryce Harper spent one year at
by NumberOneMoses  (2019-03-11 19:10:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Southern Nevada.

Thanks for your response
by athlete37  (2019-03-07 12:29:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was not aware of MLB's rule. Also, 17 runs... the other Tigers (Detroit) may be chomping at the bit to add a few of the involved pitchers to their bullpen