Is this lack of institutional oversight
by 67NDUSMCMD (2019-03-15 08:37:08)

In reply to: USC Asst. AD Apparently was in on the Admission Scandal  posted by UpperEastSideIrish

ND - booster club member acts inappropriately - NCAA infraction
USC - Asst AD paid to facilitate admission - we will see if this is an NCAA issue

Yes, but not as it applies to athletics. It's kind of the
by KevinPS  (2019-03-15 13:19:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

reverse of the norm: Instead of paying athletes to play and/or inflating their academic credentials, school employees were getting paid to inflate athletic credentials. I know you know this, I just wanted to see how that looked in writing.

Did an NCAA sponsored team gain an unfair advantage? *
by fontoknow  (2019-03-15 11:07:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Post-Paterno, does that question matter anymore? *
by tdiddy07  (2019-03-15 11:18:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Post-North Carolina, does that question matter anymore? *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-03-15 12:53:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hasn't the NCAA basically walked back all meaningful PSU
by fontoknow  (2019-03-15 11:33:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

punishments?

The $60 million fine is still there.
by domer4  (2019-03-15 18:00:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am figuring that the total penalty was at least 1/2 billion (and that's just a guess for the dozens of settled lawsuits from the 1970s forward for crimes that Paterno didn't know about ever).

I thought it was parole rather than expungement.
by tdiddy07  (2019-03-15 11:37:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The win return would be more like the latter. But the NCAA didn't absolve it of underlying violations did it?

Attending a Quarterback Club lunch = booster member? *
by 1NDGal  (2019-03-15 09:23:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post