I don't know about "worst over 30 years"
by jt (2019-03-27 11:58:26)

In reply to: That team was more talented than 11 teams on its schedule.  posted by KeoughCharles05

in 2007 we lost to Navy, weren't competitive against Air Force, and had to squeak by a pretty bad Stanford team. Most of our games were just a comedy of errors and the team was unprepared to play. We had one system that was installed all summer long that was thrown out after a half of football, we had a defensive coordinator woefully unable to do his job, and we had a head coach that had no idea how to get the team ready for the season.

That is the worst coaching job I've ever seen in a major college program. 2016 was bad as well

I have to give a slight edge to 2016 being worse
by TCIrish03  (2019-03-27 14:16:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the 2007 team was almost devoid of upperclassemen thanks to Ty's complete lack of recruiting for 2 years. Kelly didn't have that built-in excuse (which I think was actually a legimitate reason, given how few players were signed).

On the other hand, I do believe that if Weis approached 2007 with Sharpley at starting QB with his base offense (whatever the hell it was) and just let the team take its lumps, we could have squeeked out with a couple more wins.

I'm going to say that both staffs likely cost their teams
by jt  (2019-03-27 14:28:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

4 or so wins.

Brown was just so unprepared and incompetent, but at least he had the excuse of being new to the job. BVG is just awful.

Probably a push, but both jobs were awful.