That's what they're trying to work on
by SEE (2019-04-16 12:53:04)

In reply to: That, and Clemson has a very effective deep middle/seam  posted by 84david

but there's a long way to go.

If they are really working on it---why only 1 deep ball?
by Hanratty5ND  (2019-04-16 16:34:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think the Blue-Gold scrimmage was pretty much a wasted opportunity for both QB's.

We all know Book can make the short dump-off throws.

Yet he threw way more short stuff. As if he needs work on that...

Kelly's offense is as lame as ever.

The deep ball isn't the only middle/seam throw
by SUJB9  (2019-04-16 20:12:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that prevents cheating on out-routes. Book almost connected with Kmet down the seam on a memorable throw during the game that apparently they've connected on multiple times during spring practice.

behind the lb and in front of the safeties in cover 2
by jt  (2019-04-17 00:55:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it's a really hard throw to be comfortable with because your eyes will deceive you at times and you'll think the coverage is there up front but it's not (depth issues).

My preference is to have a huge target (TE) running those routes. Doesn't need to be a burner, but I like having a lot of room for error and a guy that can take a hit from a safety in front of cover 2.