I have no problem with soccer in the stadium but...
by irishlaw2010 (2019-04-18 10:23:48)

In reply to: How awful if they played soccer in the stadium!  posted by GodCountryND

it will tick me off if it is soccer and they install a grass field which is almost certain to happen if it's a matchup of two of the European giants (Real, Barca, Juve, Man U, Liverpool, etc.). Those teams won't play on fake turf and the fact that we could install grass for them but not have it for the football team will be infuriating.

I was going to say
by ndtnguy  (2019-04-22 14:05:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"It's terrible for the grass." Oh, wait . . .

Um, the soccer would be in July
by OrangeJubilee  (2019-04-18 10:40:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The football season not so much.

My Indiana grass is looking good ... right now.

I’m sure your yard has the same resources dedicated to it
by golfjunkie17  (2019-04-18 12:17:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as Notre Dame Stadium does. They can grow grass on the roofs of the buildings surrounding the stadium, but inside? Not so much. Because of the weather.

Somebody should tell the folks in MI & WI
by elcortez01  (2019-04-18 10:52:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That you can't play football on grass.

Would bet it'll be Chicago Fire/EPL team friendly
by Freight Train  (2019-04-18 10:38:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

EPL teams have played many times on fake turf in the US during their summer pre-season tours.

It will not be the Fire
by alleghenyirish  (2019-04-19 15:41:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They wouldn't be a big enough draw

Ahem - Chicago City FC. The Fire will be no more
by Irishlawyer  (2019-04-18 12:06:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by then.

I'm betting it will be Liverpool and hopefully NOT the Fire/Chicago, but maybe one of the other teams in the states for the International Champions Cup.

No way they would install grass for one soccer game *
by son of galway  (2019-04-18 10:26:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, they would
by Siegfried08  (2019-04-22 11:46:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Liverpool would (rightly) refuse to play otherwise.

Did it last summer in Michigan Stadium, Man U-Liverpool *
by irishlaw2010  (2019-04-18 10:59:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Same for Chelsea-Inter Milan in Indy a few years ago, too. *
by John@Indy  (2019-04-18 12:45:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Michigan drew 101k for the game. *
by BigNDfan  (2019-04-18 11:33:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You're right, I wondered how they would do it..
by TWO  (2019-04-18 11:15:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

according to this article they just lay the sod right over the top of the artificial turf...I wondered if the artificial turf would have to come up but it doesn't.

Happens all the time, saw one on grass this summer in Minny. *
by NDTommie  (2019-04-18 10:38:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post