Okay, then I guess you're happy with how things have gone
by ndzippy (2019-05-13 10:13:20)

In reply to: I'm sorry, but I never want ND to be like Wisconsin...  posted by BigNDfan

under Brian Kelly. I'm not.

I think the six pack of teams you rattled off is actually more impressive than the six pack of duds we'll be playing this year (New Mexico, Bowling Green, Duke, Boston College, Navy, and Louisville).

If we can win those gimme games, handle the other teams we should beat at home (UVA, USC, Va Tech), and manage to win two out of three against Michigan, Georgia, and Stanford, we'll get another invite to a big bowl game, where we'll probably get our asses handed to us again.

Rinse and repeat.

Yes, nothing is more exciting than...
by BigNDfan  (2019-05-13 10:36:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

South Florida, Central Michigan, Kent State, Illinois, and Iowa.

I never said I was happy with how things are currently. I said I'd never trade for what Wisconsin has going - which is nothing.

If you never get to the playoffs, you can never actually win them.

while I do not disagree with you necessarily I have to point
by jt  (2019-05-13 11:13:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

out that if we were to have been matched with an "up and comer" like WMU in the playoffs completely with "hot/fast rising super coach" with cool slogans ("row the boat") many on this and other boards (perhaps even you) would bemoan our fate of having to play such a hot team with "nothing to lose."

I think many on the board...
by BigNDfan  (2019-05-13 11:30:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

wouldn't count that as a Cotton Bowl win, but it's trumpeted as a huge victory for someone like Wisconsin because it took place in the Cotton Bowl.

maybe, maybe not
by jt  (2019-05-13 11:42:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Wisconsin ought to be ashamed of their out of conference scheduling and I've said so for years. I believe it's how Alvarez got that program back on it's feet when he got there so they are scared to change things for fear of not having success.

That said, they have plenty of big game wins over the past few decades and I'm not going to look down on them as a program. ND has shit away a lot of great opportunities during that same time frame.