Some teams had already banned it voluntarily *
by sprack (2019-05-23 10:33:47)

In reply to: NFL just outlawed Oklahoma drill as well as half line drill  posted by jt

This user did not provide content for this post

Not just some but almost every NFL team stopped.
by squid  (2019-05-24 07:29:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can’t find the article now but what I read yesterday was an old article and I think it was Bill Belichick doubting whether his players even knew what the drill was.

Hopefully by the NFL formally banning it (along with Bull in the Ring) it filters down that 7 year olds shouldn’t be doing it either. Bo Jackson said they aren’t going to remember their name by the time they turn 15.

Probably not Bill
by HTownND  (2019-05-28 17:52:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here is his quote from a 2015 article

"As Bill Belichick says, the power of the Oklahoma is the way it quickly answers the most essential questions in football: "Who is a man? Who's tough? Who's going to hit somebody?"

Yeah, saw that while trying to re-find the original quote.
by squid  (2019-05-29 06:46:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I still think it was Belichick but for the life of me can't find the article now.

half line drill is a bigger thing to me
by jt  (2019-05-26 14:41:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

learning how to read and react to live blocking schemes is very important to a defense and there's only so much you can learn at half speed. We've already seen a deterioration of OL play as you need full-go (or close to it) in order to perfect blocking schemes, combo blocks, zone scheme, etc.