ND-Michigan will be on ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2
by ShermanOaksND (2019-06-02 12:12:30)
Edited on 2019-06-02 12:13:00

Not Fox. This is per a Big Ten announcement. This increases the chances of the game being at night. Fox’s main game is at noon ET this season, and Game 4 of the World Series is the same night as ND-Michigan.

One other announcement that slightly reduces the chances of ND-Michigan being at night: Michigan will open its season at night at home against mighty Middle Tennessee, August 31 at 7:30 on the Big Ten Network. Michigan could have multiple home night games, but they are known to be averse to that.

So I hope ABC - no ESPN in Canada *
by Torontoparent  (2019-06-04 09:33:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If the teams are what they're purported to be, it'll be ABC *
by gordonbombay  (2019-06-04 13:15:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is it B1G on the field and in the booth? I recollect that
by 1NDGal  (2019-06-02 20:14:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the new contract had that clause and Savvy was all to happy to sign it.

Last year, it was ACC both on the field & in the booth
by Vermin96  (2019-06-03 01:07:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Based on that, I'd fathom that it'll be B1G on the field and in the booth at their place this year.

That contract was signed by White. I don't believe ND still
by jimmypop  (2019-06-02 20:24:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

has that clause in the contract.

I remember that contract, yesiree. I think the new one has
by 1NDGal  (2019-06-02 20:43:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the same term. For some weird reason, Michigan has this thing about B1G refs. I’m sure it’s nothing.

I would love to be wrong, really.

The last one White signed called for B10 refs in both venues
by KevinPS  (2019-06-03 14:44:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

--home and away. The contract Swarbrick signed stipulated ACC officials at ND and Big 10 officials at Michigan.

Prepare and play well enough, and this won't matter.

We had ACC at UM and B1G at ND for a few years there
by gordonbombay  (2019-06-04 13:14:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think starting in 2011, the series switched to having the visiting team provide the officials. It may have been the first time B1G refs weren't working a Michigan home game.

Apparently UM wanted to double up on the possibility of screwing us with this last contract and probably gave us our preference of dates (the first home game of the two-game set and a late-October visit to UM, generally a B1G no-no for out of conference games) in exchange.

The refs were helpful in our "1-7 record" there, no? * *
by domer4  (2019-06-02 23:26:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Matt Sarzyniak's comments on the start time.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-06-02 14:26:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So ESPN appears to have highly valued the Notre Dame at Michigan game (maybe that goes against the World Series on FOX, or try to take a bite out of them at 12pm?)...

I tend to think your assessment is correct.

He also points out that CBS can wait until 09/09 before announcing the start time of the ND-Georgia game.