He was a hell of a Bookstore BB player...
by Scoop80 (2019-06-12 15:02:27)

In reply to: absolutely because of his basketball background IMO  posted by jt

Rusty Lisch was also impressive in Bookstore.

As to the wrestling point raised downthread, Bob Golic was an A-A heavyweight wrestler AND an A-A LB at the same time. The '78 MSU game in E. Lansing featured an impressive array of multi-sport talent--Montana and Golic for ND and A-A WR Kirk Gibson of MSU.

Lou liked his O-Line to be wrestlers, I know that. Reasons
by 1NDGal  (2019-06-12 16:26:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

are obvious.

Bookstore Basketball
by 96_ND  (2019-06-12 20:06:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There was more than one occasion in which competing Bookstore basketball teams would each have an offensive lineman from the football team. For periods during the game it would become 4 vs 4 while the two lineman decided to wrestle each other on the court.

Memories ... like the corners of my mind ...
by 1NDGal  (2019-06-12 21:30:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sniffle.

I am not making fun. I am wistful for that glorious time.

light *
by PWK2  (2019-06-14 11:18:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post