Are we supposed to give a crap whether you watch or not? *
by JSDomer (2019-07-09 11:32:04)

In reply to: I won’t watch the tomato can Swarbrick specials  posted by ACross

This user did not provide content for this post

Why do you use the first person plural? *
by ACross  (2019-07-09 11:48:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because your post was address to a group of more than one? *
by rumrunner  (2019-07-09 12:46:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I posted on my own behalf. You can respond on your own
by ACross  (2019-07-09 13:56:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

behalf.

Imagine an appellate brief
by rumrunner  (2019-07-09 14:26:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That you write on behalf of your singular client, but which is intended to be read by a panel of judges. At oral argument, would you expect a judge to ask “why should I buy your argument,” or would you expect him or her to ask “why should WE buy your argument?”

I imagine an appellate judge
by ndtnguy  (2019-07-09 19:35:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

doesn't have to give a crap about whether he uses a singular or plural pronoun.

Incidentally, I've heard both.

erudite *
by ACross  (2019-07-09 14:36:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post