There isn't anything hypocritical about this.
by ndroman21 (2019-07-15 15:03:31)
Edited on 2019-07-15 15:30:31

In reply to: Danger, Jack Savvy!  posted by SWPaDem

I'm certain that a natural grass surface was a requirement of Liverpool and Dortmund in agreeing to play the game.

That doesn't necessarily mean that artificial turf is the wrong surface for ND stadium.

Savvy's a phony baloney. Always was and always will be.
by SWPaDem  (2019-07-16 07:29:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This doesn't mean he doesn't have his supporters. To wit, his position with USAG being hunky-dory with the PTB. Remember when many if not most here thought he was toast because of it.

They should keep it as turf but bring in sod for home games
by roccoglobboschoolforwomen  (2019-07-15 20:13:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sure the $$ numbers wouldn't work out in ND's favor but if can bring real grass in for Liverpool they should bring real grass in for Notre Dame fooball

Very interesting point.
by SWPaDem  (2019-07-16 07:24:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If it's good enough for some euroweenie operation - no Brexit yet - why isn't it good enough for the USA?!!!

Not sure what you're trying to say here
by roccoglobboschoolforwomen  (2019-07-17 22:02:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If it's political why don't you leave it on that board?

it posotively is the wrong surface *
by ACross  (2019-07-15 17:17:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't disagree, but this circumstance doesn't prove it. *
by ndroman21  (2019-07-15 17:26:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it certainly is evidence against fake turf *
by ACross  (2019-07-16 02:17:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is evidence against fake turf as a surface for a sport ..
by Rocksteady74  (2019-07-16 15:04:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... in which the ball is played on the ground. The ball rolls more slowly and spins differently on fake grass, which is the reason ground crews will often water the fake turf before games and at half time.

This post is not intended to endorse fake turf for football, as I really don't care much about that topic.

I simply wonder why ND cares less about our guys’ knees than
by 1NDGal  (2019-07-15 16:21:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the EPL cares about its guys’ knees. And I find it interesting that, for a fee, ND will put in grass when demanded by the EPL but won’t support grass for home games played by its #1 (by revenue) sport.

I’ve linked one study here. I know a *very* accomplished knee surgeon who dismisses all debate on the topic — turf increases the incidence and severity of tears in knee ligaments.

Knee injuries aren't the only consideration.
by ndroman21  (2019-07-15 17:08:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Neither for the EPL (or the Bundesliga, or FIFA for that matter) or for ND.

It may factor in, but I'm fairly certainly that the ball's reaction to the playing surface is far more important to the soccer governing bodies.

That's less important in football for obvious reasons.

Nevertheless, the Synopsis is interesting. I'm glad it's still being studied.

The coach thinks it helps win games
by BmoreIrish  (2019-07-15 16:43:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or at least so he said when he wasn't winning games on grass.