3 things back
by Ajax (2019-09-23 11:05:29)
Edited on 2019-09-23 11:13:55

In reply to: three things  posted by thewagon

We all want to take our shots at the SEC but it is the best cfb conference and its not even close. Brett had a big ego and took the money. You have a shot to succeed in the SEC East and almost no shot in the West.

David Shaw stuck with the power game after jimbo and luck left. In those next 4 years with the great Kevin Hogan at QB he had three 11 win seasons and went 43-12.

Miles was run out of town because he was too conservative, but he also won a national championship with Matt Flynn. To compare the type of defensive speed his team was facing for 7-8 games per season to ND and Wisconsin is a major reach. Once again, he won a national championship at LSU and then Nick Saban arrived at Bama and changed completely the balance of power in that league.

so then running more is your argument
by thewagon  (2019-09-23 12:49:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

which I said I can agree with. I don’t agree that Wisconsin or their offensive philosophy are our goals as its been proven that time and time again, balance wins. Wisconsin is not balanced.

Actually Wisconsin is balanced
by HTownND  (2019-09-23 13:06:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They skew to the run, but a lot of that is because they are salting clock at the end of the game.

The last time they played for the Big N championship (losing to Urban and OSU in a damn good game)

238 yards passing on 41 attempts
60 yards rushing on 32 attempts

Following that, in the Orange Bowl against Miami (a game they won)

258 yards passing on 34 attempts
142 yards rushing on 44 attempts

Wisconsin is a ground based offense that can throw if they have to/need to, but at their core, they are a running team.

When they are winning the game, they tend to run more, because they are chewing up clock, but it's not totally accurate to say Wisconsin isn't balanced.

Hornibrook, when they went 13-1 in 2017, threw for over 2600 yards on over 300 attempts.