I keep struggling with this "should have won"
by Ajax (2019-09-23 11:26:24)

In reply to: What is bothersome about the Georgia game  posted by srock

They were competitive compared to past big game debacles, but they were on the short end on talent.

Smart played it too conservatively, but he likely realized with better talent that his defense could stop them from scoring a late td if they had to.

I think it is a fair statement that, now that we saw how we
by 1NDGal  (2019-09-23 16:21:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

went toe-to-toe with UGA’s offense and largely shut it down, ND should have won.

Get rid of 4 of the 6 false starts, get Avery Davis three designed runs, and have either Book or Finke see the UGA safety sprinting over from midfield on that INT. None of those things would have been other-worldly achievements.

One more TD is all we needed. ND should have been able to do that.

Get rid of a muffed punt...
by revressbo  (2019-09-23 19:53:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and ND would’ve had 3 points in 55 minutes.

Yeah and Georgia sure can't make
by Ajax  (2019-09-23 18:03:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any of those what if examples with respect to the final score. These are only allowed for ND.

If you think 6 false starts and leaving our fastest player
by 1NDGal  (2019-09-23 21:57:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(on offense) off the field are acceptable conditions that should continue, then I don’t know how to talk to you.

The way Georgia played is the constant. Nothing ND could do about how UGA played.

The dumba$$ shite BK let happen are the variables. Take the dumba$$ shite away, ND would have won that game.

I agree.
by revressbo  (2019-09-23 12:21:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UGA wasn’t head and shoulders above us, but they were clearly better, and we caught some breaks and poor strategy by them (starting with their decision to kick the FG on 4th-and-1 and continuing the rest of the game). Ultimately, it wasn’t embarrassing, but I didn’t feel we were on the same level.

I mentioned it below, but I didn’t feel that same way after FSU 2014, when I felt it was a game that was about even and we were on FSU’s level. Ironically, we were clearly NOT on FSU’s level, based on how the rest of the season played out. But it at least felt like it on that night.