If not for a huge UGA mistake (muffed punt), I think
by ndzippy (2019-09-23 12:00:04)
Edited on 2019-09-23 12:01:43

In reply to: What I saw was very little talent difference. ND is one  posted by 84david

the game would have unfolded much differently.

Hell, we had to use all four downs to score after receiving that gift.

I tend to agree
by bmoreirish  (2019-09-23 12:06:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am worried that people are thinking because we had a shot at the end that we didn't get thoroughly beaten.

Just imagine if UGA had gone for the 4th and 1 and gotten it (I'd call it at least a probability). They could have taken a few more minutes off the clock, maybe scored a TD and come away with a 2-score victory in a lopsided second half.

ND needed a lot to go perfectly to have that shot in the end.

and what if they had gone for it and fumbled.
by Fresnodomer  (2019-09-23 12:37:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We can what if this all day long.

The odds of them making it was much higher than a
by Ajax  (2019-09-23 13:31:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

fumble or being stopped. Kirby has an automatic kicker and believed his more talented team would not give up a 13 point lead in the 4th quarter to lose the game. He was right.

Not to mention another coach who's a little shaky at times
by ndzippy  (2019-09-23 12:08:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The UGA fans around me were pretty terrified by the prospect of Smart being on the hook to manage the game well in order to survive with a win. I think it's PTSD related to their last two losses to Bama.