I think Georgia would need another loss too.
by Keough09Roos (2019-10-16 16:06:59)

In reply to: I have a path to the playoffs if anybody cares...  posted by irishdemon

We aren't getting in over a 1 loss Georgia who beat us head to head (despite any 1993 precedents).

That would be taken care of by Alabama going 13-0
by Santos L Halper  (2019-10-16 16:10:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UGA would either lose to FL, who would then lose to Alabama or UGA would beat FL and then lose to Alabama.

Yes. I poked every hole imaginable in my “path” before....
by irishdemon  (2019-10-16 16:46:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

.... posting it. If those four things happen and Notre Dame wins out (obviously), Notre Dame will go in as the #4 seed.

If I missed something though, please, have at it.

Point #1 in my scenario will wipe out a lot of teams.

As noted you need another Oklahoma loss in there. Someone
by Carlos Huerta  (2019-10-16 16:56:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in that room is gonna stand up and say "Oklahoma went undefeated in the regular season, Notre Dame should not be rewarded for not playing a conference championship game." and pretty much everyone in that room will nod in agreement especially when we have a dearth of quality wins on our side.