Smells like an ACC suckhole to me
by ACross (2019-10-17 18:11:58)

In reply to: I’m all for ND joining a league  posted by DBCooper

From a football perspective this collection of teams sucks balls. I have little use for most of them.

I admit on paper the football teams look weak
by DBCooper  (2019-10-17 18:47:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps swapping out G Tech for Florida would improve the football a bit and take out an ACC team. Unfortunately the ACC has more top rated schools than any other conference.
As I mentioned, I’m all for considering a Wisconsin or Texas as well.

I just hate the idea of joining the Big 10 and would like to see a conference that at least on the education quality is close to ND standards.

I rather stay Independent, but the NCAA is trying to force ND’s hand. If they are going to try to force a conference on us I rather it be a group of schools that make sense for ND and they help dictate what schools represent that conference. No group would be perfect.

I don’t think the doomsday scenario makes any sense.
by Bruno95  (2019-10-17 19:29:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gameday is following ND to Ireland next year. The program prints money and draws good ratings, for a variety of conferences. College football is doing well and does better when its one independent team is successful and traveling the country. Who wants to give up their ND game so ND can play Rutgers/Minnesota/Illinois or Duke/Wake/Syracuse?

Screwing with ND’s value is not in the sport’s best interest. I don’t think it’ll happen.

The problem with that analysis
by GoDomers  (2019-10-17 23:22:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is that no one gives a shit about the sport of college football. Everyone places school or conference interests above all else. Just look at the realignment that happened. They think if they can knock ND down and help themselves, they will. Without thinking twice.

Remember when Delany was trying to get GT and Carolina
by gordonbombay  (2019-10-18 10:57:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To the B1G? (I don't know if this was ever confirmed, but it was out there.) It was all about trying to force ND out of the ACC and leaving them with no other choice.