He may be the most complete TE we've had
by BmoreIrish (2019-10-18 08:47:27)

In reply to: Kmet could also return.  posted by smithwick

In the last 20 years, and that's really saying something. Eifert was probably a better pass catcher, Rudolph was probably a tougher cover, Niklas a more devastating blocker, but Kmet's combo of size, hands, speed and blocking ability is very rare. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the leap.

eifort was like a WR at tight end
by vivaflanner  (2019-10-20 00:18:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I like Kmet's game a lot, but Eifert was considerably more of a threat as a receiver.

Kmet needs work on his strength and blocking
by Hanratty5ND  (2019-10-18 14:30:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to be a more complete TE.

The collarbone injury no doubt set him back in terms of strength.
He also lacks strength in his lower base. That has been apparent to me in the games thus far. He could do a much better job of breaking tackles once he builds some more strength.
His blocking is inconsistent. Should be much better...and will be in due time.

Even with some of those shortcomings that scouts might ding him for--he will likely be a 1st round pick if he opts to come out.

He’s been excellent. Maybe an eyelash below Rudolph. *
by IrishGeek  (2019-10-18 10:49:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Logically, he should go. But like Zach Martin
by smithwick  (2019-10-18 10:05:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

who stayed his senior year to play with his brother, Kmet appears to want to play a year with his brother on the baseball team. I don't believe he'd be able to be drafted and then finish out the season playing baseball, but I could be wrong.

Agree though that he's the most well-rounded of the bunch.

No he can be drafted and continue to play baseball.
by TWO  (2019-10-18 13:03:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just couldn't play football.

There are players, like Jeff Samardzija, who signed Pro Baseball contracts and returned to play college football.

Pat Cannaughton also signed a baseball contract
by trout  (2019-10-19 06:36:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Got a $400 k signing bonus from the Orioles, after which, he still played college basketball