Report: Clay Helton to be retained as USC coach.
by G.K.Chesterton (2019-12-03 22:57:44)

Clay Helton will be retained as the head coach at USC, sources told FootballScoop on Tuesday evening. A formal announcement is expected on Wednesday.

I'm delighted
by Brahms  (2019-12-04 12:41:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He needs more time.

Kelly, on the other hand, does not.

“report”. Can we wait until a real news service confirms? *
by 84david  (2019-12-04 10:18:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's official
by ThreeD  (2019-12-04 12:23:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gary Barnett is not interested in the USC job.

It’s Gruden! *
by 1NDGal  (2019-12-04 08:17:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Wild West board has been a steady source of
by ocmj  (2019-12-04 01:53:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

cheap entertainment this past week. Pure gold. And yes, I should get a life.

Same varmints that trashed hiring of Pete Carroll *
by RJD  (2019-12-04 08:15:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not surprising that they did..
by TWO  (2019-12-04 10:06:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I mean he was like their 5th and desperation choice, he had no resume' to speak of other than failing as the HC of the Patriots. I was happy they hired him, I figured it guaranteed our dominance of USC.

I'm not sure if his resume mattered
by GolfJunkie17  (2019-12-04 19:49:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's probably not many coaches that couldn't be successful if they could run their programs with no regard for rules. The biggest contributor to his success was his ability to be extremely flexible ethically, and be more than happy to look the other way.

Aside from taking the Pats to the playoffs
by RJD  (2019-12-04 13:14:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Carroll had a reputation as an outstanding defensive coordinator. But I agree he was not a home run on paper...Rick

I’ve received 4 calls tonight from SC fans absolutely
by usmcirish  (2019-12-04 00:25:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Beside themselves over this story.

Is this a legit source/publication?

I do know that he has been in home recruiting every day this week with the full knowledge of the administration.

This linked report might make your friends feel better.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-12-04 00:48:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wonder if USC is trying to play this both ways, to make it look like they wanted to keep Helton when in fact that's not what they wanted to do at all.

For those too lazy to click on the link, it basically says that USC is checking with Bob Stoops and Urban Meyer.

Wolf's report is 5 hours old. Now its being reported that
by usmcirish  (2019-12-04 00:51:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

team and recruits are being told Helton's coming back with coaching changes.

Who the hell knows though.

Maybe they'll hire Cliff Kingsbury. *
by Steelhop  (2019-12-04 10:12:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Southern Cal just needs a new coat of paint *
by jbrown_9999  (2019-12-04 09:24:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post