They need a couple more high end guys
by Hanratty5ND (2019-12-04 11:41:53)

In reply to: Recruiting rankings  posted by AquinasDomer

In this class and every class.

I don't like a class with 0 LB's(by design) and only 2 OL.

That is 2 players for 8 positions....uh oh.

It is not like ND is brimming with AA talent in the underclassmen ranks at either LB or OL either.

And our DB recruiting stinks. Especially CB.

The QB recruit is pedestrian at best. The elite schools really outdo ND here on a regular basis.

Don't get me wrong--there are some excellent players and additions to the class---just too many shortcomings if a NC is the real goal and objective.

ND isn't gaining any ground on the blue bloods, that's for sure.

This ND Recruiting tweet on the 2020 class just came out.
by 1NDGal  (2019-12-04 15:17:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s an account run by Maven. Not official ND.

I have thoughts but I shall simply hold my breath and cross my fingers.

Secondary recruiting is a major concern.
by revressbo  (2019-12-04 15:49:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

CB could be really bad. Hamilton is a stud, but other than him, it’s a whole lot of question marks (including Pryor) in the back 4 heading into next year.

It’s nice to finally have a couple of elite recruits at offensive skill positions. I don’t know when (if ever) that’s happened under BK. That said, there are holes in this class.

My concern is actually defense in general.
by athlete37  (2019-12-04 18:16:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If the 2020 defensive recruiting matched the offensive recruiting it would be a top 3 class I think

The offensive recruiting for the 2021 class is elite as well. Not a single defensive player in the top 160 this year though

Pryor needs to come up huge and I think he will. Kyle needs
by 1NDGal  (2019-12-04 16:06:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to never get sick or hurt or have anything remotely bad happen to him. Please and thank you.

Oof.
by 1NDGal  (2019-12-04 11:59:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This board is not password-protected. Its content is perused and copied into a patchwork quilt every week by another site, and that weekly post is tweeted all over the place.

Our 2020 QB commit has offers from Bama, Auburn, and Baylor. Seems like a great guy. We would like him to come here.

Agreed. This and the suggestion that the '19 schedule was
by Irish Tool  (2019-12-04 13:27:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the worst ND SOS ever were not hinged with reality. The point about recruiting holes, especially on the OL, is fair. Sometimes people go too far when trying to rail on BK and the state of the program.

The board consensus is that BK 2.0 isn't good enough and ND can do better. This is in contrast with many fanpersons. But it doesn't mean ND is anywhere close to recent low points at the end of the last two coaches' tenures.