Are we allowed to say no? Now that we must share our bowl
by 1NDGal (2019-12-04 16:37:48)

In reply to: Exactly right. People forget  posted by KnightlyRevue

money, I think we are required to accept bowl invitations.

Are you sure ND has to share bowl money?
by MobileIrish  (2019-12-04 16:54:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For minor bowls, there usually is very little left after expenses. ND received a different payout than the other participants from the playoff game last year.

I believe we get a bit more proportionally but still have to
by 1NDGal  (2019-12-04 17:22:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

share.

The Charlie Weis Fiesta Bowl we got like $7.5M, whereas tOSU had to share most of its money, and I remember it being the last hurrah for us.

I’ll see what is publicly available. All the relevant entities being private it’s hard to research. Edit — here’s an article.

Further edit — This article says we do not have to share with ACC, in which case Ha! https://www.google.com/amp/s/slapthesign.com/2018/05/26/notre-dame-collects-5-8-million-acc-deal/amp/

If so, another reason to dissolve
by KnightlyRevue  (2019-12-04 16:44:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the ACC "partnership." It used to be the case that Notre Dame going to a bowl game was not guaranteed for a variety of reasons.

Yes..yes..I know the practice time is super duper valuable and the SWAG is so super cool. The kids love it!!!

I know that Dr. White signed a deal where we shared our
by 1NDGal  (2019-12-04 16:51:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bowl money with CFB at large. And we got a share like other CFB teams.

It seems likely that that deal was superseded by Savvy’s deal with the ACC. I mean, of course.

Either way, ND has been tithed for going on 15 years. Can’t say no to a Bowl.

We said no to a bowl after Weis was fired in 2009. *
by 01momanor  (2019-12-04 18:00:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post