Part of me wonders whether Clemson
by combodraw (2020-06-22 15:31:58)

In reply to: Only one player tested positive so far. (link)  posted by mocopdx

will be in a better spot because a large portion of their team already has it so it's less likely they'll test positive during the season and miss the game vs us.

I don't see how this season isn't a mess. You can't put these players in a bubble. They are going to interact with the rest of the student body and go out to bars and parties and a bunch are going to eventually test positive.

Clemson issues
by skanman  (2020-06-23 10:41:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't see how any team can play football as long as we have the virus with us.

Yep. Impossible those 23 will ever recover. Worse yet,
by Btd  (2020-06-25 19:06:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They tested positive day one in June. It’s a train wreck. Being 18-22 years old they only have a 99.999% chance of recovering and they also have a horrific hospitalization rate of about 0.3%

To top it off Clemson now has about 25% of the football players who will be immune to the virus - and they have to handle that happening from day one. What a shame.

Then the isolated players that tested positive. As we know, that guarantees a massive outbreak will happen - as these 23 come in contact with... no one else.

I agree. It’s impossible to imagine how this can possibly work.

Asymptomatic carriers can still experience lung damage
by Irish Warrior  (2020-06-27 09:41:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And experts still aren't sure about immunity yet. So, as some are mentioning, if herd immunity's the angle, that's a really, really big risk to take without a definitive answer.

Why? I guess I do not understand this
by MAS  (2020-06-23 22:31:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why can there be no football?

Clemson issues
by skanman  (2020-06-24 11:03:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The why is the virus being so contagious. 20 some Clemson football players tested positive; that is about 10% of the entire staff. How many more players and staff have they infected?
There is no way to have social distancing in football!
I love college football and pray for a vaccine. If it is cancelled, I will be very depressed. All the best!

Ok thanks for clarifying *
by MAS  (2020-06-24 11:59:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post