I have wondered for teens and young adults
by The Oak (2020-06-24 09:50:47)

In reply to: Is it possible...  posted by nd65usn06cfp

if we should treat it like chicken pox.

We do not know enough I suppose, but they get it and are sick for a few days (if at all) and then are hopefully immune. I have wondered about a targeted infection to build up immunity.

It is going to be with us and work its way through the populace anyway.

People die from chicken pox? *
by realmccoy  (2020-06-25 20:18:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very rare, but it happens.
by 105Marquette  (2020-06-27 12:07:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe the pathology is via opportunistic secondary infections: A chicken pox infection can lead to pneumonia. It can also lead to bacterial infections that occur in the open sores.

There's a chicken pox vaccine
by Irish Warrior  (2020-06-25 13:57:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Having no children, I had no idea, I found out a few months ago. Kids don't need to "get" chicken pox anymore, like they used to.

My son was sick for 2 weeks
by jt  (2020-06-25 11:36:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and who knows how long he had the symptoms before then. I don't know that we can treat it like the chicken pox because there seem to be so many varying degrees of sickness.

I got it for 2 weeks also.
by domer4  (2020-06-27 16:12:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In fifth grade and the first sign of it was the start of the 2 week Christmas vacation.

It was over on the last day of vacation. My mom felt so sorry for me that she let me take off the first day back to school.

I felt like such a loser....