You are a deep thinker *
by ACross (2020-06-29 02:08:19)

In reply to: Was Crossroads really a debacle?  posted by Tex Francisco

This user did not provide content for this post

You're exhausting
by gregmorrissey  (2020-06-29 10:22:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I read these boards almost every day, and I can't recall the last constructive thought that you've contributed. And, I'm not an ACross hater. I've seen many times where you've helped raise the level of discourse. Just hasn't been recently.

The beloved Notre Dame Stadium was ruined with the 1998 expansion. There was no character, no improvement. It was just "let's throw on 20,000 extra seats, who cares how it looks". An alternative decision to remove the 98 expansion, go back to 59,000 seats and the original exterior, and find somewhere else to build the academic buildings/student spaces is about the only choice that would be better than what they executed. But keeping the stadium as it was post-98 didn't fit with anything on campus. It was a poured-concrete eyesore.

Have you been inside the stadium since Crossroads opened? It's as good as you're going to get. Add to it the significant academic and student space created which freed Rolfs to be renovated for Men's and Women's basketball. I really can't understand how anyone has issue with this. Sure, it was expensive, but a significant portion was paid for with capital contributions -- and let's not pretend those same donations would have been made to build new buildings scattered around campus for the Departments of Music, Anthropology, and Psychology.

And, like it or not, the campus has expanded and student expectations have changed. It's not 1988 anymore and tuition isn't $7,500 per year. Would it make you feel better if they converted the old golf course into a farm like the early days of the university? Or maybe just return everything to how it was when you walked off campus in May 1988? That sure sounds nice.

get some rest *
by ACross  (2020-06-29 13:21:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

!!! AMEN !!! *
by OswegoJoe  (2020-06-29 12:11:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post