I'm not sure if you're aware the UNC system changed their
by G.K.Chesterton (2020-06-30 21:51:31)
Edited on 2020-06-30 21:52:11

In reply to: Admissions has zero to do with it and you are a dipshit for  posted by ACross

admissions policy significantly in April, not just for next year, but for the next three years. It would have been a permanent change but for someone interjecting for three years to start with, but you can bet this is a permanent change. Unfortunately, more than a few colleges are dropping their standards to pander for students and their tuition. TL;DR version of linked article (keep your eye on the conjunctions):

=======================================================

Old standard: Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (a “C+” average) and an SAT score of 880 (or ACT score of 17).

New standard: Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (a “C+” average) OR an SAT score of 1010 (or ACT score of 19). (Note: you must take at least one of the standardized tests and submit a score.)

========================================================

The problem here is that colleges are complaining of grade-inflation coming out of the high schools and standardize testing is one way to see where a student really stands. I have no doubt Mack Brown is a good-to-great recruiter, but I have to believe the admissions policy also plays a part.

Replies: