he's highly replaceable, like Lea, et al.
by MrE (2020-07-06 14:53:32)
Edited on 2020-07-06 14:54:36

In reply to: what specifically about Balis?  posted by jt

Of course, the assumption is that the next head coach will be an excellent one. And, thus, by definition, would have excellent S&C, DC, and OC coaches, and high-performing staff in terms of recruiting, planning, teaching.

But maybe Balis is the "best S&C coach since Holtz."

If you read only the South Bend Tribune and ND fan sites you'd think Kelly had the Dream Team working for him, masterminds in their industry.

We’ll soon find out just how easy it is to replace him. I
by 1NDGal  (2020-07-06 14:58:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

give it one more season and he’s gone.

then don't let the door hit him in the ass on the way out
by ACross  (2020-07-06 17:11:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You and others vastly overstate his prowess. Then again, you probably follow him on Twitter.

Maybe. The NFL is about the only promotion left for a SC
by btd  (2020-07-06 16:28:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

coach at ND. I doubt the pay is substantially different at the other power 5 schools and ND has really narrowed the gap on things that matter to a SC coach like training tables, facilities, high tech systems, etc.

He might want better weather -- he came to ND from the Tampa area.

is Kelly still the HC in your scenario?
by MrE  (2020-07-06 15:01:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Then I'd say Lea/Balis would be next-to-impossible to replace.