When you say "the NCAA"
by Catdog2 (2020-08-03 10:26:04)

In reply to: you should see what the NCAA is trying to do with name,  posted by jt

who do you mean?

The NCAA is literally made up of constituent schools. It's not like the big bad NCAA is pocketing the money itself. Yes, the NCAA is ass backwards. But it's because THE SCHOOLS THEMSELVES are ass backwards.

I'm glad someone besides me made that point for a change.
by cujays96  (2020-08-03 13:19:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's like blaming Rob Manfred for stupid shit in MLB. Yes, Manfred is a dope but the owners give him license to be a dope.

it's a distinction without a difference
by jt  (2020-08-03 14:44:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and I think that most people understand that it is the schools themselves that are running the con game.

You would be surprised. *
by cujays96  (2020-08-04 19:54:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

blow it all up *
by jt  (2020-08-03 12:35:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post