Jake Kelchner went undefeated at West Virginia
by Otter (2020-08-05 09:22:28)

In reply to: Has a ND QB transfer ever been any good?  posted by Leeroy_Jenkins

He was giving Rick Mirer legit competition for the starting job after Tony Rice graduated. His collarbone was broken in the Blue-Gold game and he never got another chance at the job.

He had a pretty good senior season as QB at West Virginia, including an upset of the Miami Hurricanes with a last minute TD pass. Played in the CFL for a bit I think.

He played 1 game in the CFL and some in the Arena
by Slotts  (2020-08-05 09:27:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Football League over 3 seasons.

by Moff  (2020-08-05 10:16:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the NFL, no.
by Milhouse  (2020-08-05 19:51:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He did play briefly in the CFL and then in the WLAF for a while. I remember seeing an interview with a European fan who was asked why he liked the Barcelona Dragons, and he responded that he liked them because of Tony Rice and Notre Dame.

True. What am I missing, not sure how that fits
by Slotts  (2020-08-05 10:48:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

into a factoid about Jake Kelchner?

by Moff  (2020-08-05 10:59:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No, not at all. Just setting the record straight and also
by Slotts  (2020-08-05 11:08:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I always followed Kelchner and Powlus closer than most as they grew up in the town next to mine.

George Curry rolled out a lot of talent in those days *
by coalcracker  (2020-08-05 12:29:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's for sure. *
by Slotts  (2020-08-05 12:37:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by Moff  (2020-08-05 11:15:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wish we still had that wealth. *
by Slotts  (2020-08-05 13:01:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why would Kelly recruit a running back?
by graNDfan  (2020-08-05 18:28:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They just take up a spot that an “athlete” needs