Book throws no one open.
by Bill_Brasky (2020-09-16 08:46:45)

In reply to: WR v. Duke: 7 catches for 74 yards  posted by ColoraDomer

Mckinley is never going to be wide open. That doesn't mean you shouldn't throw it to him. Book checks down immediately and Duke took those throws away. Good on them. Book will need to take some chances to loosen up these defenses. Related to the discussion, why is Notre Dame the only school that can't figure out how to get 4 and 5 star wide receivers on the field as freshman?

It is a defective system
by ACross  (2020-09-16 09:40:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

blaming Book or the receivers is off the mark.

Rees needed to cut ties to Kelly and learn genuine, modern football concepts, probably in the NFL but perhaps at a program that ran a better system than ND.. there are about 50.

That's unfair
by DakotaDomer  (2020-09-16 09:18:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There were several passes that were off by 5 yards or so with no one there to catch or defend.

If the WRs could just magically make up that 5 yard difference we would have been dynamite.

On your other point ... did you see what Louisiana Lafayette (RAGING CAJUNS) did to Iowa State? I can't believe I'm now jealous of Louisiana's ability to weaponize speed.

Minor nit: UL-Lafayette *
by ocnd  (2020-09-16 10:39:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A related question
by jbrown_9999  (2020-09-16 09:18:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why is it that Kelly cannot figure out how to get 4 and 5 star QBs and RBs on the field as well (regardless of their year in school)

Would need to sign them in the first place, not happening *
by Stonebreaker42  (2020-09-16 18:48:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To be clear. This is on Kelly. Not trying to blame Book.
by Bill_Brasky  (2020-09-16 13:45:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's a just a limited player in my opinion.