Dabo is definitely not angry at himself. He is angry at the
by 1NDGal (2020-11-24 13:04:05)

In reply to: Dabo still awfully salty about FSU not playing Saturday  posted by UpperEastSideIrish

ACC for allowing FSU to make its own decision. He is very worried that the ACC will make him play FSU on December 12, so he is preemptively establishing Clemson as the victim in the court of public opinion.

And if Clemson is not forced to play, but Wake wants to play ND, no way will ND get its own week off before the ACCC.

All of this discussion is of course moot if ND does not take care of business and win out. UNC wants this one bad.

Screw him, do it anyway.
by gordonbombay  (2020-11-24 14:11:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Win out, play and beat Wake Forest Dec. 12, and beat Clemson again on Dec. 19. I'd love to play by Dabo's own ridiculous rules and kick his ass anyway. What a clown.

There's absolutely a 100 percent chance this is really about wanting that Dec. 12 bye week. Dabo is a complete damn fraud, but he's never this ridiculous about it - a clear tell that the underlying issue is the real one.

A complete fraud?
by ndtnguy  (2020-11-24 14:37:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has an .810 win percentage as a head coach and has won two national titles.

Call him a manipulative, whining, ref-intimidating loudmouth, but "complete fraud" is a stretch.

Personally, not as a coach.
by gordonbombay  (2020-11-24 15:05:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's obviously a fantastic football coach.

Yep. Remember the hair gel comments
by Flanner89  (2020-11-24 15:41:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I came to that same conclusion after he responded when his lineman tested positive for those PEDs before we played them in the CFB playoff semi-final. Two parts of his explanation really smelled rotten to me, "that PED is in everything" and "we are going to get to the bottom of this."
Here's the first fraudulent part: if that PED is in everything, then how come only your lineman failed the test? Not the rest of your players or anyone from ND that took the same tests.
Also, the logical thing to do if you really want to get to the bottom of it is administer other tests to see who else fails, so then you can figure out what is unique about that group. At one point he hinted that it may have been in a specific hot tub the lineman used. A reporter asked Dabo about that sometime after the game. Dabo said they were not going to do any additional testing.
Seems obvious to me that Dabo was using his dad-gummit Bobby Bowden good-ole-boy speak to manipulate public perception.

This game really scares me
by ND76  (2020-11-24 13:55:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As was pointed out earlier, a real trap game.