Book had a lights out 1st half at the Senior Bowl..... *
by Wolfetone (2021-01-30 16:05:25)

This user did not provide content for this post

Final stats: 5/11, 48 yards, 1 INT. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-01-30 23:55:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wasted opportunity.
by NDMike2001  (2021-01-31 10:19:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He should have sat out like Jones and taken the practice accolades to the draft. I suspect he lost any real chance of being drafted with that showing.

He will complete his MBA this spring.
by 84david  (2021-01-31 19:11:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he’ll turn out all right in life.

Um, never said otherwise. *
by NDMike2001  (2021-01-31 21:35:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I doubt that scouts hold all-star play against a player.....
by Wolfetone  (2021-01-31 15:21:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unless it is alarmingly bad play. I see Book going anywhere from
5th to 7th round. The key is not to get drafted by habitual dreck
like the Jags or Jets. He can earn $$$ for 5-10 yrs as a second,third teamer and bouncing around. It certainly beats sitting in a bin and
pounding away on a computer. Or sitting at home and beating on a
computer for 8 hrs. a day.

Disagree.
by Goldhelmethead  (2021-01-31 14:40:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Scouts at that level wont judge him on the Senior Bowl alone. Even if he had a better game it wasnt going to change his draft stock that much.

He is a very late round guy who will be on a roster as either a third stringer or a practice squad
guy.

I’m not either. He was borderline to be drafted.
by NDMike2001  (2021-01-31 15:53:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He played poorly and reinforced why he isn’t an NFL quarterback. It’s unfortunate. He’s a tough guy and a decent athlete. With some good coaching he could be a backup in the NFL. But I don’t really see a team investing the time necessary to do that since he does not have NFL “measurables”

He’s listed among players that improved their stock
by NavyJoe  (2021-01-31 16:27:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The game doesn’t matter. The practices do.

Then why play?
by NDMike2001  (2021-01-31 17:04:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He improved his stock over the course of the week. Like Jones. Who then sat out the game.

If the games don’t matter then you’re risking injury after a good showing at camp. He’s not playing for shits and giggles. He’s trying to prove himself. And in the game he wasted that opportunity to do so. Hopefully combine and pro days go well if they have them. I certainly wish him well.

probably because while it couldn't hurt him
by jt  (2021-01-31 18:13:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it could help him.

Same thing with that D3 kid who broke his hand but was fighting to play--he'd already improved his stock a ton, but it would really go higher if he played well and dominated (no idea if he did, I didn't watch).

Which was exactly my point. *
by NDMike2001  (2021-01-31 21:36:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know that I would be so certain that he "wasted
by jt  (2021-01-31 22:08:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the opportunity" in the game.

He might have put things on tape, he might have checked into/out of plays, etc.

I didn't watch, so I don't know. I do know that you need to take stat lines with a grain of salt in these things.

Just an opinion.
by NDMike2001  (2021-02-01 01:21:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn’t watch the hole game. I was just casually monitoring until his rotation. He looked like the Ian Book you’d expect at ND. Four drives. Two resulted in three and outs. One interception on another drive. One drive resulted in a TD. He had a drop and did well to scramble from pressure. But IMO I didn’t see anything that we haven’t seen from average Book.

My original post about him better off not playing was clearly made in hindsight. I was encouraged about what they were saying in camp. I thought that with a good showing he could convince teams that he was the kind of quarterback that you could keep on the practice squad or even hold the clip board for games. Someone who could pick up an offense and run the huddle in an emergency. Someone who could backup a Baker Mayfield or be a Taysum Hill even. Other than show his general allusiveness, he didn’t show reasons why a team should take a flyer on an undersized QB. It’s also unfortunate for him that another quarterback on the roster moved the ball much better than him. Again, just one guy’s opinion. I’m rooting for him. I always thought he had Steve Young toughness and wondered what he could be with good coaching.

Do they still get paid? Not sure.... *
by Wolfetone  (2021-01-31 18:04:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are you still watching?
by nd76  (2021-01-30 16:53:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Damn nice drive just now.

Very good.... *
by Wolfetone  (2021-01-30 17:02:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Um ... ?
by 1NDGal  (2021-01-30 16:11:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He hasn’t played yet. He is playing in the 3Q (third out of 3 QBs for the National Team).

3-and-out on his first series. 0 pass attempts. *
by 1NDGal  (2021-01-30 16:15:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Basically the same on his second series. Very familiar. *
by eriendfan  (2021-01-30 16:30:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Added a lovely 11-yard sack this time. And now his team is
by 1NDGal  (2021-01-30 16:36:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

losing.

He needs to THROW the ball. Not hold it and scramble *
by eriendfan  (2021-01-30 16:40:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rhule surely knows that to kick a FG here on 4th-and-2 will
by 1NDGal  (2021-01-30 16:47:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

be a death blow to Ian’s NFL hopes.

Moron kid from ASU with the inexcusable drop should sit the rest of the game.

Edit — Rhule let Ian stay in and he converted. Good on both of them.

Credit Hainsey with that TD. All Carter did was not drop
by 1NDGal  (2021-01-30 16:53:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the ball.

That was hilarious.

Hainsey saves the day. Good job by the ND boys all around. *
by eriendfan  (2021-01-30 16:53:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post