I am a physician and think we should refrain from opining
by dinger9927 (2021-04-12 09:09:43)

In reply to: I am a physician and think its  posted by panamirish

In all seriousness, I'm sure the team physicians are on top of this and making appropriate recommendations to the players taking into consideration all of the relevant variables (vaccine availability, rates of community transmission, success of their safety protocols, individual medical histories and vulnerabilities, reasons for vaccine hesitancy, etc.).

not a lot of reasons to not
by eNDocrine  (2021-04-13 16:32:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What aspects of medical history in a world class athlete would prohibit use? Reaction to a different type of vaccine entirely unlike the mRNA variety? If enough people got vaccinated, there wouldn't be transmission, right? Vaccine hesitancy is the only reason for not. Deodorant hesitancy, haircut hesitancy, air conditioner hesitancy are fine. Vaccine hesitancy- a bit different

F *
by ACross  (2021-04-12 20:59:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All good points. Athletes shouldnt have any more priority
by Pjnuge  (2021-04-12 10:59:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

than other students, especially those students with comorbidities.