Deep thoughts on Defense
by SEE (2021-04-12 10:28:14)
Edited on 2021-04-12 10:28:37

DL - Our players with the most potential have been at backup roles (Mills, Ademilola and Lacey.) Shifting MTA outside puts Ademilola in a position to really disrupt offenses... the guy I keep thinking of is Sheldon Day. He's undersized, but I remember Ademilola gaining MVP honors at a 5-star camp. I've been astonished at Hinish's production as he really borders on an oversized LB, but he's been really good. That said, Lacey has the higher ceiling. He and Ademilola, if healthy, can give us great penetration up front. Nice to have guys like Aidan Keanaaina and Gabriel Rubio who don't have play, but have talent.

SDE - The move of MTA to end to join the other Ademilola seems to give us two kids who are tweeners at SDE, but they're tweeners with expeirence. Have heard that NaNa looks better and he has a lot of potential.

Vyper - Foskey and Botehlo should be a dynamic duo, but Botehlo plays a bit out of control and if you read Kelly's comments on Foskey, they hint at someone who doesn't go all out. Better reports this year on Botehlo.

Mike - Drew White, small, slow and underrated.
Buck - Everyone loves the potential of Marist Liufau and Shayne Simon, the first is green the second seems to lack instincts. Some talk of shifting Baeur to Buck in certain sets.
Rover - Kiser, Pryor, Moala and now Osita Ekwonu (Kid ran an 11.2 100 in HS.) Lots of bodies...

CB - Clarence Lewis looks like a lock, then it's Bracy and Cam Hart who's surprised many so far. If Cam Hart can lock down one spot and play it well, that would solve a lot of problems in the secondary.

SS - Speaking of which, Houston Griffith appears to be thriving in the new scheme, if the former top 100 players clicks in at safety that will really change the makeup of the secondary.

FS - Hamilton

Seems to be some good news at corner and safety though both are obvious concerns. SDE should be solid if not good. Rover is a WIP, replacing a JOK is very hard but at least there are tools there.