I take it there is a Mission BBQ near campus.
by G.K.Chesterton (2021-07-29 11:21:01)

From "What’s the Hot Endorsement Deal for 3½ Tons of College Football Players? Barbecue" (WSJ):

“The food deals are probably where it’s at right now for us fat guys,” said Dalton Wagner, a 325-pound redshirt senior offensive tackle at Arkansas.

Mission BBQ, a chain with locations in 16 states, threw its support behind all 15 of Notre Dame’s offensive linemen (combined weight 4,211 pounds). They also recently added the University of Wisconsin’s 16 big men to their roster of pit defenders.

Co-founder Bill Kraus, a Milwaukee native, explained that partnering with Wisconsin was a natural fit for a restaurant best known for its cheesy specials: jalapeño cheddar sausages and “Maggie’s Mac & Cheese,” named for his daughter and made with five varieties of cheese.

“[The linemen] love being part of something much bigger than they are, they love doing it as a unit and one of the things we’ve come to find out that they love doing as a unit is eating,” said Mr. Kraus. He’s got the grocery store receipts to back that up: his eldest son was an offensive lineman in high school.

Also:

Mr. Kraus declined to disclose the terms of Mission BBQ’s partnerships with the Wisconsin and Notre Dame linemen, but indicated that his restaurant is effectively compensating them in free food, by giving them gift cards. He prepared enough grub for each athlete to eat about 2 pounds of meat before hosting each team for celebratory dinners this month. He’ll find out which team is beefier on Sept. 25, when the teams play each other at Soldier Field in Chicago.

“We’re calling it the Mission Bowl,” he said.

Caption: Mission BBQ, a chain with locations in 16 states, threw its support behind all 15 of Notre Dame’s offensive linemen (combined weight 4,211 pounds).

The 1 in Davie, FL has a Play Like a Champion sign
by Irish Warrior  (2021-07-29 15:27:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's the only thing on the wall NOT affiliated with the military, police or fire dept.

I’ve been there *
by Scoop80  (2021-07-30 00:06:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can walk to it and do, quite often *
by Irish Warrior  (2021-07-30 10:07:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Same with the one in Grand Rapids *
by dweglick  (2021-07-29 16:26:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Strange but to see Davie and Champion in the same sentence. *
by MobileIrish  (2021-07-29 16:00:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well done. That bastard *
by drmurray  (2021-07-29 21:06:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Golf clap. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-07-29 17:57:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We need an authentic Lee's BBQ in the Eddy Street Commons.
by Irishdog80  (2021-07-29 12:02:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rib tips with fries and a pitcher of PBR.

It's my fault I believe I was the first ND'er to go to Lee's
by ND740305  (2021-07-29 15:20:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's my fault I believe I was the first ND'er to go to Lee's

Claim above is subject to challenge.

Fisher's BBQ in Mishawaka
by Popedeathmallet  (2021-07-29 13:40:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As close to Lee's as I have had in last 40 something years. Nicer building, with damn good BBQ. On McKinley I think, used to be on 31 in an old Dairy Queen.

Fisher's is very good and the owners are great people
by Irish Jim  (2021-07-30 10:39:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They started out about 18-20 years ago with a smoker and food truck parked at Rick's Phillip 66 on 31 (933) and Auten. Then moved to a small store front next to Country Bake shop. About 5-6 years ago they moved into the old State Line DQ when they built the new DQ. I heard the DQ owner jacked up their rent so the moved out to McKinley. Sucks for us because they were so close on 31 I would pick it up on the way home.

only if the new version is constructed with cinder block
by Indy77  (2021-07-29 13:24:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

walls and the servings are on paper plates with a slice of white bread to soak up the quart of sauce on each serving.

The PBR was a good rememberance.

Opened in Mishawaka...near Raising Cane & Portillo's *
by caber  (2021-07-29 11:33:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post