Two top receivers set to announce in next six days
by Athlete37 (2021-08-02 23:18:00)

Both have been heavy ND leans for a while and I think are near unanimous CB’s to ND. CJ Williams (29 overall on Rivals, 72 on 247) announces August 8. Tobias Merriweather (155 overall on Rivals, 75 on 247) announces august 4.

Would be big to get both players at a position in dire need of both quality and quantity on the depth chart. If it scares off Amorion Walker, I’ll still take the trade off, but it would be nice to get all three plus maybe a fourth honestly.

ND still needs to land an elite slot WR that's a burner
by Hickster  (2021-08-03 01:12:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND needs to recruit much better for skill position players on both sides of the ball, especially from Catholic Schools in the Midwest (ND used to own the Chicago area). ND WR Recruits with offers - misses & trending elsewhere (WR Rank via 247/Name/School):

2022:
- #2 Kevin Coleman - St. Mary's, St. Louis (Cool interest)
- #6 Kaleb Brown - St. Rita's, Chicago (Ohio St. verbal)
- #13 Tyler Morris - Nazareth Acad., Chicago area (Michigan - followed QB teammate to Michigan)

On defense, I am confident that Marcus Freeman will correct the skill position recruits. In the 2022 class he has verbals from 2 very high level OLBs, and 4 lower level DBs based upon different recruiting services (DBs usually high 3 stars in the past except for Kyle Hamilton, who was a 3-star when initially recruited). I suspect that the DB recruits will be even stronger in 2023 and beyond.

On offense, it is critical for ND to demonstrate that they have elite QB play, for them to breakthrough to elite skill position recruits on offense. I sure hope that this year Coan has an excellent year and Buckner demonstrates high level skills as the heir apparent.

ND does not have a Pied Piper recruiter on offense. A new coach with "Pied Piper" capabilities has to prove himself on the field, or he will no longer be a "Pied Piper" (i.e. Charlie Weis).

Major Everhart
by RJD  (2021-08-04 10:35:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fastest man in Texas?