Kelly wouldn't have the chest to hire him anyway.
by Brahms (2021-11-07 15:51:54)

In reply to: he'll go to Alabama as an analyst  posted by irishrock

He'd sooner bring back Diaco.

I know, wishful thinking. But if BK really wants to compete
by VaDblDmr  (2021-11-07 16:19:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for a NC, this is the type of thing he would need to do.

What he needs to do
by BIG MAC  (2021-11-07 19:17:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is find the best OL coach he possibly can.

He needs to hire a shitty coach? *
by ACross  (2021-11-07 17:27:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Divest himself of the offense. Rees won't say "no" to Kelly.
by VaDblDmr  (2021-11-07 19:29:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mullen has the gravitas to.

It is a turd of an offense *
by ACross  (2021-11-07 21:00:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hire Dan Mullen as OC?
by NDBass  (2021-11-07 16:37:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I haven't exactly been enamored with his offenses since he left Urban. Maybe the numbers reflect better than my eyes.

I agree Kelly should hire an accomplished OC and get out of the way, but I don't think Mullen is that hire. Also, I don't think Kelly really cares about winning a national championship.

Joe Moorhead was available in late 2019.
by Bruno95  (2021-11-07 15:54:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly promoted Rees instead.

Did Kelly even talk to Moorehead?
by NDPittsburgh  (2021-11-08 07:33:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I dunno if he would've been a fit or want to come to ND but obviously a great resume and should have had a discussion.

And that wasn’t the only brain dead move
by Ty Webb  (2021-11-07 17:31:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hiring his buddy Quinn as OL coach when he had a younger, better option was pretty sa-weet too.

Yeah, but Kelly did a national search that time.
by Brahms  (2021-11-07 16:01:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tommy was best candidate out there. Ever.

Tommy knows BK's system.

BK loves Tommy more than Jack loves BK.

Rees won out in that exhaustive national search.
by Irishintheville  (2021-11-07 16:00:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly will never change. “See Jack, I hired that no good Chipper. Tommy’s my guy.”